Sunday 2 January 2011

New Year, New stash

Yay I finally got to play with my cuttlebug :) (mainly so I could show Ian (who bought it for me) what it actually does lol. It's fab just been playing with the folders that came with it but I have some nesties on their way and have been looking for some dies but my shopping list is rather a lot bigger than my bank balance lol. Can't wait to get it out again itching to have another go and try it out with some different cards and things.

Anyways for this card I got to use my new cuttlebug and embossing folder and got to use one of my new DeNami Stamps - I love them those chickies are just sooooooo cute so I had to buy a couple of them lol, and there's even more on my wish list lol. Just soooooo cute I couldn't resist getting them. I've kept the card quite simple (so much for making busier cards lol) so no patterned paper!!!, but I got my shimmer chalks out that I've had for about 8 years (really need to replace them as running out of my favourites and most are starting to crumble now) and just rubbed the white over the image and embossed card, just gives a really nice subtle effect which makes a change from the half a tub of glitter which seems to migrate onto my cards lol 


And a close-up, you can just see the shimmer on the chickie card and the embossed card, it shows up alot more in real life (doesn't it always lol)

Supplies: 'Wedding Chickies' Stamp by DeNami Designs, 'D'Vine Swirl' Embossing Folder by Cuttlebug, Card by Doodlebug, Shimmer Chalks by Pebbles Inc, Sugar-Coating by Doodlebug
Extras: White Card, Ribbon from Stash, Copics, Promarkers

I would like to enter this in the following challenges...


My Time to Craft Challenge 121 - Brand, Spanking New!!!

I'm off to try and get some cards done now I think (thought best make the most of a day off as I start my new job on Tuesday and I'm away next weekend - think I'm going to have withdrawal symptoms especially as there's a few of my orders that should be turning up this week and I won't get chance to play with my new stuff sob sob ah well will be earning money to buy more lol XOX

5 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

I have been waiting for this card lol.. ( using your new toy!) Mine is packed away - i really must get it out again.. i love the shimmer using the chalks and that image is sooooo cute
Good luck for Tuesday
Lisa ;)

Unknown said...

I love this card Helen, and don't you just love that Cuttlebug!! Hugs, Frea

Pami said...

Fabulous Helen, I love that shimmer chalk, hmm, maybe I need some!! I love the simplicity of the card, and I am glad you have had a chance to play with your new toy! Good luck on Tuesday!!! Pami x

Terry said...

Beautiful card and you used the CB with perfection! You will so love the machine and all that you can do with it! Have fun!

Lesley said...

Aww really cute card! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx