Wednesday 19 January 2011

All Loved Up

Finally seem to be getting back into things now, and seem to be getting better (touch wood - cos I thought that last week too) so can hopefully get some more things done.

Anyways going to be quick as I want to get on and get a card made before bed, so onto today's card. This card is for Ian - we've been together for a year on Saturday :) I can't believe how quickly it's gone :) but it's great he makes me so happy, I love him so so so much (it's ok I'll stop there before you start reaching for the sick bags lol). I have to say I love how this card has come out. My starting point was the use a photo challenge on Sweet Stampin' Challenge so I knew straight away I wanted to use one of the pictures of my flowers that Ian got me for Valentine's Day last year, and this Forever Friends paper just suited the style so well. Some Rub-ons for the sentiment and some gems for a bit of sparkle, and cos I'm a nice NO GLITTER (poor Ian is normally covered in the stuff by the time he goes home) so really hope he likes it.


Supplies: 'Forever Friends' Paper, Rub-ons by Doodlebug
Extras: Gems, Photo, White Card, Red Ink Pad, Square Punch, Heart Punch

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges...

For Fun Challenges - Use Gems or Glitter

woops forgot to include a stamped image will have to have another go with a different photo




Right that's it for now, I've got to try and get another card finished and want an early night so I can try and get back to feeling normal lol XOX

PS this is the original photo that I used


XOX

10 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Beautiful card helen - and i love you have used a photo of last years valentine roses.I cant wait to see what he will get you this year ..

Love the design
Lisa ;)

Michelle said...

Hi Helen

Great card! What brilliant idea to use a photo of the flowers you were given last year. That makes this card all the more romantic.

Thank you for linking up to Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :-)

Cards By MI said...

Really sweet and classic card with a modern twist. Super!
Thanks for playing with us over at For Fun this week.
Love n hugs,
Marie

Pami said...

Hi Helen, what a wonderful card this is, I love the use of the photos. Thanks for sharing with us at MAWTT this week. Good luck. Pami x

Brenda Brown said...

Beautiful card Helen, the layout is perfect.
Thankyou for sharing this at MAWTT this week.
I hope you are having a good week and that all your dreams come true.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Christine said...

Love the layout of your card. The bling on the bottom really grounds your card and emphasizes your sentiment.


Thanks for joining us at For Fun Challenges.

sallysbitz2 said...

This is sooo romantic, especially using real photos that Ian sent you on Valentines last year.

Thanks for joining us @ For Fun Challenges.

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

Lindsey said...

Oh gorgeous! Love the colours and the photo is perfect! Thank you so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week x

aqualeiga said...

This is just beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing with us at 'For Fun' this week. Hugs, from Ali x

Meera said...

Aww this is just beautiful. Thanks so much for joining us at For Fun this week x