Friday 5 November 2010

Ladybug Crafts Ink's First Ever Challenge

Just another quick post as need to do about 3 million things this afternoon and also hoping to fit in a nap -  after all was early morning as I had to go to the dentist - ick ick ick hate it lol but yay didn't have to have anything done so a 6 month reprieve :)

I finally finished my Ladybug Crafts Ink Challenge Card - only taken 3 days lol but am really pleased with it. The challenge was a sketch with the optional twist to decorate the inside. Now that bit really was a challenge, I've never decorated the inside of a card before, but I think I did OK, added some gems to the front to add some sparkle and to make a change from the glitter and glossy accents, used derwents to colour it to as a change to the alcohol markers, and got shopping Nikki out too - she hadn't been inked in ages.


And the inside... I think it's come out quite well, even if I do say so myself, love these papers - the colours are just gorgeous.
And love this sentiment, thought since I was decorating the inside of the card I'd put the sentiment on the inside too.


And the front and inside together


Supplies: 'Shopping Nikki' Stamp, 'Peacock Lane' Papers by Bo Bunny, Double Dot Card by Bo Bunny
Extras: White Card, Purple & Turquoise Ink Pad, Gems, Derwent Pencils, Water Colours

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges...

Ladybug Crafts Ink Challenge 1 - Sketch plus decorated inside


got to go and pack my bag for tonight now, off to a Bonfire Party, and get to wear my new red and white dotty wellies that Ian bought me yesterday :) yay I get to wear them with real clothes rather than my pyjamas that I was wearing them with yesterday lol

XOX

12 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Love this card helen .. that was the first LCI image i purchased so it has a special place in my heart !
I love that stripey DP - and how you picked out the colours in the image .
Fab inside too - what a fun sentiment
Thanks for entering our very first challenge at Ladybug crafts ink
Good luck
Lisa ;)

pinky said...

Helen its gorgeous, beautifully coloured and love those dps. What a great sentiment you have used, so perfect for the image. Decorating the insides can become quite addictive so be careful lol. Thanks so much for joining in our first challenge at Ladybug Crafts Ink. Hugs
Pinky

Valchen said...

It's really lovely, I like this image very much!

Kerry said...

Woo hoo Helen...flabulous card!!! Love everything about it :-D Well done you and you guessed...thanks for entering the very first LCI Challenge. xx

Anita said...

Helen, your card is beautiful. Your image is so pretty and I love your BoBunny papers. The inside is fantastic and I love your sentiment. Thanks for joining in with the first LCI Challenge.

Mary J said...

Yowsa, you did a fab job Helen! I love how you've brought the inside and outside together - it looks very professional!

Thx for joining us at TLT and good luck!!

sammi said...

Cute card! I love the spots & stripes together. Thanks so much for playing in our "anything goes" challenge at Craft Your Passion.

Highland Handmade said...

Beautiful card, love the image inside!! beautiful colours. Thankyou for joining us in the first ever LCI Challenge

Tams x

Sue U said...

Fab card Helen, I adore these papers too!! love the sentiment on the inside as well Sue xx

Whimsey said...

Oh this is fabulous! Love everything about it - the colors, the image, your coloring, the inside - way to go!

Thanks for playing in our first challenge; hugs, ~Michele

Pami said...

Hi Helen. Fabulous card! One of my favourite images and I LOVE the sentiment inside! Thank you for taking a look at my blog and becoming a follower! Have a good day. Pami x

Tinkerbeth said...

I love the colors you chose for this card! You have done a great job with the inside as well. The sentiment on the inside is perfect! Wonderful card!