Friday 18 June 2010

One for Sorrow...

A magpie seems to have taken up residence in the back garden today, keeps flying off but then coming back to the same spot - very odd and I wish it would either go away or at least bring a friend so can move onto 'Two for Joy' lol.
Another scrapbook page to share today, this is one of my all time favourite pages, I love the layout but also the photos bring back great memories and I think the layout helps with that. This was created from a sketch (will have to check where it was from), I love sketches - a great way to get over scrapping block, I've used this specific sketch about 5 times and none of the pages are the same. The page itself came together really quickly it was the journalling that took the time as this was all written by hand, cut out, inked and then spaced before been stuck down. This was the first time I tried that and it's now cropped up on rather a lot of my pages now

Supplies: Papers by K & Co, Card by Papermania, Rub-ons by Doodlebug, Stickers by 7Gypsies and flowers by petaloo.
The photos were from a tour of the Atherton Tablelands (near Cairns) towards the end of my trip to Australia. This is Milla Milla Falls and it's meant to be where Peter Andre filmed Mysterious Girl and where the Timotai Advert with the famous Hair Flick was filmed (I don't know how true either of those are as the info came from a tour guide and they tend to have a habit of embellishing stories lol. But well it was stunning, even on a cloudy day. The only thing was the water was freezing - and I mean FREEZING - it was a case of your entire body been covered in goosebumps when you were only ankle deep, and you know how normally it feels OK once you're in, nope not there it doesn't lol. And then we all had to have a go of doing the hair flick... fair play to the model from the advert it's hard work and there were LOADS of outtakes trying to get the right shot but I think it was worth it (now I'm sat here nice and warm and dry lol).
Anyways I had best get on, finished for a week off now, and lots to do this afternoon so I can sit and do nothing tonight. Ordered some more Pro-Markers from Angel Crafts yesterday (thanks for the tip-off Kerry) so I'm hoping they'll arrive the beginning of the week so can have a play with them. But for now, I'm off to do boring stuff like put washing away.. (hopefully back with a card later...XOX

0 comments: