Saturday 24 July 2010

Congratulation cupcake!

This is the card that I finished yesterday and had to resist posting last night. I LOVE this card. Think it's probably my favourite card, even if I do say so mayself. We gave it to Kim last night and she loved it :) (always a relief lol). She's just graduated with a First Class Degree!!! I think the normal sort of graduation cards can look a bit boy-ish, so I was just going to make a card with a cupcake on it to be different. But then I had the idea of putting a cap on a cake! I had to make the cap from scratch which probably took longer to make than the rest of the card, but I think it was worth it.


As for the greeting I made the mistake of asking Ian for his input and this is what he came up with lol. Bless. Still got to get him to make a whole card, so far he's just coloured in but not letting him get away with only half doing a job. Anyway here is a close up of the cake (from the die-cut, decoupage pack) complete with it's graduation cap.

Supplies: 'Piece of Cake' Glittered Decoupage Pad by Dovecraft, Double Dot card and ribbon by Bo Bunny, Paper from the 'Delilah' range by Bo Bunny, white card, pink shimmer ribbon, pink ink pad, black card & pink fibres

And yay I pre-ordered some stamps from Ladybug Crafts Ink with some epoxy dots etc, and again Kerry sent the dots now :) Can't wait for the stamps to arrive they look sooooo cute, itching to get started on the Christmas cards (will be the first year in ages that I've made more than one or two). My second order of Lili of the Valley stamps arrived too (all my new goodies are below), think going to get the ink pads out and have a go with them later. Oh and another of Lili of the Valley's DT, Dawn, has a competition on her blog to win stamps and die-cut images - how generous - so fingers crossed lol.


Right I had best get on otherwise will end up waffling on for ages, but I will have to say Ian and I went for a meal in Crosby last night with Mike and Kim, and the food was SOOOO nice - will definitely have to go back there. Started with scallops wrapped in parma ham (I think lol) there was some black pudding there too but I gave that a miss lol, with creamy mustard sauce. Then for mains I had seabass fillet stuffed with soft cheese and prawns in a creamy sauce..... mmmmmmmmmm could eat that again now lol. Will have to get the pictures off the camera. Ok really am going now, thinking maybe some cards while Ian watches the F1 qualifying, Yawn. XOX

0 comments: