Thursday 11 November 2010

A Woman's Place...

Busy few days, I managed to get my entry for Ladybug Crafts Ink's Second Challenge (closes on Monday morning so still time to enter) finished on Tuesday woop that was a relief, as we were at the cinema on Tuesday night to see 'Due Date' (other than a few bits that were a bit too gross for me, was very funny). Then yesterday we went up to Manchester to do a bit of shopping (got a really cute red and white polka dot bird for the Christmas tree and got some fab sequin ribbon can't wait to use it) Ian bought me a little Eeyore wearing antlers and holding a red and white polka dot bauble (notice the theme lol) so somehow he is going to become the angel on the top of the tree lol). Anyways we went and got tea then went to see Jason Manford, was really good had a really good night. And then when we got in my order from Ladybug Crafts Ink had arrived along with my prize stamp woop - really hoping there's some sport on this weekend so I'll get chance to ink them up. Off back to Ian's now - tempted to take them with me in the hopes can find a few spare mins to ink and colour them up lol.

Anyways onto the card...

The challenge was to use ribbon somewhere on your card or project, incase you missed it - I've got a piece of ribbon across the middle with a tiny little bow lol, love that ribbon fortunately I've got masses of it. I finally got to use 'Ironing Nikki' :) works soooo well with the sentiment. I basically followed last week's sketch as I was short of time this week, but I think it works well with the off-centre image and big bow. I also added plenty of glitter and a gem to the image and a few nailheads for some added sparkle and bling. I hand-cut the scallopped edge at the top to change it a bit too, inked the edges and voila (is that how it's spelt?) lol. This is for another of my mum's cousin's hope she likes it. As they are for Sister in Laws I have decorated the inside of this card too, in the same style as my first challenge card. So they make a cute pair of cards I think.


And a close-up, failing miserably to show the glitter (it's on Nikki's top, the iron, random pieces of the washing, Buttercup's bow and Nikki's Slippers so you can imagine it lol) but at least you can see the gem


And the inside and sentiment, how cool is it?!? one of my favourites, it'll definitely be appearing on more cards 


Supplies: 'Ironing Nikki' Stamp by Ladybug Crafts Ink, 'Green at Heart' Papers by Basic Grey, Silver Nailheads by Ladybug Crafts Ink, Sugar-Coating by Doodlebug, font from dafont.com
Extras: Whte Card, Purple Ink Pad, Corner Punch, Gems, Ribbon from Stash

I would like to enter this card in the following challenge


Right I'd best get going, lots to get done, ordered a couple of canvases for my mum for Christmas and for some reason they've decided to only send one of the ones I've ordered and the other one is someone else's picture so need to pack that up to send back so I can get my one lol - wouldn't mind but it's no where near as nice as mine - even if I do say so myself lol. Fingers crossed it's second time lucky. XOX

7 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Fabulous card Helen - i love that image and the sparkle.. maybe my ironing pile wouldn't be as bad if there was a little sparkle in it lol.
really luxurious ribbon
Thanks for joining us at LCI this week
Lisa ;)

Kerry said...

LOLOLOL...love that sentiment Helen! Glad you got the stamps so quickly :-D I love seeing Ironing Nikki all done up...I've got to get me one of those glittered irons lololol. Thanks for joining in our challenge at LCI xx

pinky said...

Oh Helen I love everything about this card!! Gorgeous colours, fab image choice and the ribbon is so pretty. I do love the insides and your excellent sentiment;)
Thanks for joining us at LCI this week. Hugs
Pinky

Whimsey said...

LOVE the sentiment, what a great card. Fabulous colors! Thanks for joining the LCI ribbon challenge this week!

Highland Handmade said...

Cute card, love the image! Thanks for joining us over at Ladybug Crafts Ink
Tams

Anita said...

Very cute. I love all the sparkle and the ribbon is so pretty. That sentiment is fantastic lol!

Mary J said...

So lovely Helen Ann! I love how you've used that soft pink to lift the whole card - great idea!