Tuesday 30 November 2010

Colour Wheel Challenge

Back home now, so glad that we were down at Ian's this weekend cos we got snow!!! Think almost the whole country has had it now but we never really get snow at home so it's still a novelty for me lol. We did actually get some snow here last night (think we may have managed half a cm but it's pretty much gone boo), still freezing cold though and if that's not an excuse to stay inside and make some cards and things I don't know what is lol. So I've gotten a few cards done and have made a mini canvas for a christmas present, got to try and get hold of some more tomorrow so can get the rest made.

Anyways onto today's card, this is for the 5th Ladybug Crafts Ink Challenge - the challenge is based on a colour wheel, you had to find your favourite colour and then use the colour opposite, so my favourite colour is pink so I had to use green as green is opposite pink on the colour wheel (all will become clear if you take a look at the colour wheel (here) ) I have to say green is not my favourite colour at all, and I tend to only use it in small amounts with other colours or when specifically asked for a card in green.


This is possibly my first card with lace on it, mainly because I only found my lace last week during a clear-out, I made a little lace flower to finish this off, I've not pulled the thread too tight as I needed the card to fit in the envelope and my first attempt was a bit bulky.


And a bit of decoration for the inside too


Supplies: 'Ironing Nikki' Stamp by Ladybug Crafts Ink, Papers by Making Memories (I think), Sugar-Coating by Doodlebug
Extras: White Card, Copics, Promarkers, Green Ink Pads, Gems, Lace from Stash, Flock

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges...

Ladybug Crafts Ink Challenge 5 - Colour Wheel Challenge



Right I'd best get on, got another mini canvas that I want to get finished tonight and then make a list of what else I need to get made before Christmas (which I'll probably start panicking before even got half way through). XOX

14 comments:

Unknown said...

HI Helen, that's a great card and I love your text. You're sooo right. You know my husband once gave me a new iron for mothersday; I'll tell you that he regrets that move until today!! I will NEVER let him forget. But he's learned his lesson LOL!! No more iron's or other household appliences for me at birthdays and so on hihihi!!
Hugs, Frea

Lisa Jane said...

OH wow Helen - i love this.. i so ish my ironing pile was full of sparkles like that!
The green is lovely .. i actually like green lol
The lace flower is deligtful.. i must have a go at that ... not really a lacer fan - but the cotton lace is beautiful.
Thanks for joining us at Ladybug crafts ink this week - good luck and well odne using your elast favourite colour
Lisa ;)

Kerry said...

Love this Helen and I love green! The lace flower is so pretty and I love all the sparkle :-D We've got more snow that we need so come and get it lol. Thanks for joining us at LCI this week xx

Pami said...

Wow you were quick off the mark Helen, it takes me days to get a card done!! Great card, love the green, and love your lace flower. Pami x

Michelle said...

Hi Helen

Great card!! Love that sentiment!!

The lace flower looks fantastic.

Thank you for linking up to Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :-)

Helen Ann said...

lol, I knew I had to do a birthday card using ironing nikki - my mum had requested it and the advantage of using a colour that's not one of my favourites means that I had limited papers to chose from lol.
And the lace, again not a fan of it which is probably why it had ended up buried at the bottom of the drawer lol
Hel x

Mary J said...

Hello Helen Ann!! I love the lace and the colour is amazing!!

Thx for joining us at Totally Ladybug Tuesday and would love to see you at our next one!

Mary J xxx

sammi said...

Oh Helen, this is so pretty! Love the trim and the flower. Thanks so much for playing along with our monochrome challenge at Craft Your Passion, this week.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card.Love the lace.I agree whole heartedly with the sentiment!!Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion :D
Lisa x

pinky said...

Wow Helen Ann you have done a great job with that old colour lol. So glad you are a fan of pink:) I'm a bit outnumbered with the DT ladies lol. Love that lace, it looks so vintage and delicate and love how you made the little flower with it. Thanks for playing along at LCI this week. Hugs
Pinky

Highland Handmade said...

Green is my most favourite colour in the world, so this card is just canny!! I love the image, and your lace is so beautiful! Absolutely gorgeous card and the sentiment inside had me in bits! Thanks for joining us at Ladybug Crafts Ink. Good luck! Tams x

Jayne said...

Great card Helen Ann, love that image and what a great sentiment. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT.

Love crafts forever said...

This is so pretty. Very cute image. Thanks for playing at OSAAT. Hugs Nataliya

Valchen said...

Hi, I love your card, moreover one of my favourite colours is green;)