Saturday 11 September 2010

Teal Card For Charity

Yay today actually turned into quite a productive day - must have been the Maccy's Breakfast to start lol. I also I finally found a really cute house stamp and that arrived today - not made a card with it yet but got it stamped and coloured in ready.

Anyways this was the first card that I made today, this was made for Sue Upson at 'I can't draw but I can do this', she has an appeal on her blog asking for cards based on a teal colour scheme to be donated to help raise money for Ovarian Cancer Research - I think you have until 22nd September tosend your cards, so if you can then pop over to Sue's blog and have a read and get your teal cards over to her.


Trying to get a close up of the iris-folding, the pattern was from Cardmaking and Papercraft Magazine a few months ago, been meaning to use it for ages - yay finally got round to it lol. I'd not done any iris-folding since I last made cards about 9 or 10 years ago (before I drifted over to scrapbooking) so it was a bit of a challenge, alot more fiddly than I remember lol.


Supplies: 'Ooh La La' Paper by My Mind's Eye, 'Ducks in a Row' Paper by October Afternoon, 'Anna Sophia' Paper by Bo Bunny, Sentiment Stamp by Ladybug Crafts Ink, Double Dot Card by Bo Bunny
Extras: Handmade Paper from Stash, Teal Ink Pad, White Card, Fineliner

Right nearly 8 o'clock and still not eaten, oops had better get a move on cos need to get an early night in prep for overtime tomorrow - oh joy lol XOX

2 comments:

Sue U said...

Great card - I haven't done iris folding in ages either, it looks really effective for this image! thank you so much for joining in with my card appeal/blog candy

Sue xx

Anita said...

That dress looks gorgeous with your iris-folding technique. Very pretty papers.