Sunday 8 January 2012

New Year... New Stash...

Hello, I'm back - doing better this month already than in the last few months - having a craft day today to make up for not having done an awful lot lately (lots of planning and hardly any cutting and sticking lol). 

Anyways a change from the cards... Ladybug Crafts Ink's Challenge this week is to Use your new Stash - I thought I was going to have to cheat and use the new old stuff that I found when I had a little tidy up but then I found a bag of stuff that I bought just before Christmas and hadn't even unpacked - naughty I know! So I had some new colours of my favourite pearly paints and some more mini canvases... here is what I came up with...


A set of 3 mini canvases for my wall, they are actually purple, lilac and a very very very pale lilac but the 2 lighter ones look very similar on the pictures, I then decorated them using Purple, Lilac, Clear and Aurora Gems :) 


Trying to show the sparkle


 I drew the heart by hand (wishing I'd done it last so could have made it the same size as the others but never mind)


 I used a stencil for the flower and butterfly to save time otherwise I would probably still be drafting the shapes now....


Supplies: Mini Canvases (these are just over 2 inch Square), Purple Acrylic Paint, Pearly Lilac Acrylic Paint, Pearly Pearl Acrylic Paint, Lots of Gems & Stencils (the butterfly and flower - I think were making memories, the heart I drew by hand)

I would like to enter these in the following challenge...

Ladybug Crafts Ink Challenge 51 - Use your New Stash (Paints and Canvases)

Hope you like them, off to get a similar canvas done now - trying to decide if should keep the set of 3 or the bigger canvas and the other will be a present... decisions... decisions...

XOX

4 comments:

pinky said...

Your canvases are just gorgeous Helen, nice to find some new stash you've forgotten lol. Thanks for joining us at LCI.
Hugs
Pinky

Lisa Jane said...

ooh they are fab.. really sparkliscious .. love them!
Thanks for showing us your new stash this week at LCI
Lisa x

DesignerDiva said...

Love your rhinestone canvas's Helen Ann - fabulous
Thanks for sharing it with us at LCI and good luck with the challenge
Hugs Laurie

Kerry said...

These are too cute Helen...love the sparkle and the colours are gorgeous :-D Thanks for joining in the fun at LCI this fortnight xx