Saturday 16 June 2012

Just like Narnia

Me again, this is the scrapbook page I finished today. 

The picture is from November 2010 when we got the first proper snow of the year and me and Ian took a spare of the moment trip down to Loggerheads to go for a walk in it (we hardly get any snow where I live so I am a big kid when it comes to snow (well if I'm honest I'm worse than a kid)) we went round one bit and it was like walking from one season to another as there was an area with no snow and all the autumn leaves and then it changed to snow again and no sign of Autumn and for some reason this just reminded me of Narnia.


I love all the colours in the photo, I've kept the autumn colours from the front of the photo for the layout, so nice warm oranges, browns and creams - some of my current favourites. The papers, card and Thickers were from May's Scrapagogo Kit, the jar was cut from a sheet of paper from the April Kit. I get my last kit this month, sob, but we're hopefully going to be moving later in the year so it makes sense to try and reduce the size of my stash rather than adding to it.


Supplies: Card by Bazzill, '9 to 5' Papers by October Afternoon, 'Neapolitan' Paper by Dear Lizzie - American Crafts, 'Sugar Maple' Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels, Thickers by American Crafts, Rub-ons by Flair Designs, Brown Ink Pad

I would like to enter this layout in the following challenge....

The Happy Scrappers Challenge 2 - The Great Outdoors

Hope you like it, off to get some tea now - been naughty and having a chippy tea - sshhhhhh don't tell anyone XOX

4 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

ooh chippy tea sounds yummy ...oops sorry wasn't meant to mention it lol!
What gorgeous colours . i love them . and a fab pic
Lisa x

shaz earl said...

Fabulous LO great photo!

Thank you for joining us at The Happy Scrappers for our * Great Outdoors * challenge

Hope you will join us again soon
Hugs Shaz x

Unknown said...

Fabulous LO & yes, it does look like a scene from Narnia.
Thank you so much for joining us over on The Happy Scrappers challenges!
Jane x
[DT]

Tracy said...

Beautiful layout,loove the picture too!
hugs
Tracy
xoxox