Friday 29 April 2011

Alphabet Challenge Blog DT - Z for Zoo Animals

Yay another long weekend :) I definitely think we need more 4 day weekends lol. Anyways today is Friday and that means that it's time for another challenge over at Alphabet Challenge Blog, this week is Z for Zoo Animals. I had a bit of a panic on that one cos I haven't got that many stamps with zoo animals on - more dogs and cats and don't really think they'd count lol. So I decided on a scrapbook page, I was going to scrap some of the pictures from our trip to Chester Zoo last year but then I was flicking through one of my albums and came across this picture and I really wasn't happy with the layout so I decided to give it another go...

I'd been saving a piece of red dotty paper so I needed to make sure that I got the page right and this was one of my favourite pictures from the trip so lots of pressure lol. But really really pleased with how it's turned out, love the way the colours have turned out - bit different to my usual colour scheme. I now just need to do the other half of the double page (along with about another thousand Australia pictures lol)


Some journalling - one of my favourite techniques putting it on strips meaning that when I make mistakes I only wreck one little bit instead of having to start again from scratch :) And a close-up of the red dotty paper :) love it - really should find a red dotty background for my blog lol


Really like the aqua and red colour combo, love the flowers using the fabric petaloo flowers with the red paper prima one in the centre :)



Supplies: Paper, Card, Alpha Stickers all from January Scrapagogo Set (sorry can't find the list of what's in it and everything is piled ontop of the box now lol), Flowers by Petaloo and Prima, 'Dutch Girl' Paper by Cosmo Cricket, Brackets by Cosmo Cricket, Rub-ons by 7Gypsies
Extras: Gems, Black Ink Pad

Don't forget to head on over to the Challenge Blog and check out what the rest of the Design Team have been up to (I will add their links in the sidebar once I can work out how to fix something to do with Java lol) And sorry the pictures aren't so good - not got photo editing program back after reinstall XOX

PS have a fab long weekend to all those in the UK XOX

2 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

oh what a fab layout - the pic is sooo cute
Lisa x

Sonia said...

Hi
Great layout with a great picture. Love the color choices look so pretty.